Release Information of
64 Bit Edition Patch 5.70/18
New CAD features:
- Extend colorway name from 10 to 256 characters.
Solved CAM Bugs:
- The configuration settings page of the CAM plug-in is now displayed in full height without the controls being cut off.
- Several AOM channel error are displayed correctly. If those errors occurre during output, the job will be aborted immediately.
Solved CAM Bugs for service technicians:
- MAX: Machine operating hours were accidentally reset if OHS or HEAD hours were 0 (e.g .: head was changed or UART connection lost)
- The setting 'short step pulse' was accidentally incorrectly sent to the UCB board and higher step motor pulses (over 30 kHz) were limited.
Solved CAM Bugs for service technicians (new user interface only):
It is recommended to make backups of this files before installation: InfoMgmtBE.db (maybe located on a shared server location)
- More detailed logging could not be started due to some installation/registration issue.
- Channel alignment page was not displayed for LEX/DLX devices without service access.
- 2 second filter of LDC diode overtemperature error ("Diode overtemperature" error's on smartLEX devices) is removed because overtemperature error was increased from 28°C to 31°C.
- Device settings file could have been destroyed or removed during ‘Init connection’ phase of CAM device and an instable device connection.
Installation of Patch:
This Patch can only be applied on bestIMAGE 5.70/01, 5.70/02, 5.70/03, 5.70/04, 5.70/05, 5.70/06, 5.70/07, 5.70/08, 5.70/09, 5.70/10, 5.70/11, 5.70/12, 5.70/13, 5.70/14, 5.70/15, 5.70/16 or 5.70/17!
Download this file:
and double click on the downloaded file Update.exe.
This will start the Patch installation program which will guide you through the installation.
You have to close bestIMAGE before launching Update.exe.
The setup only was successful if you read a success message at the end of the installation !
If the installation can not be completed successfully for any reason, you have to completely uninstall all bestIMAGE software and reinstall it, otherwise an unstable configuration might be the result.
Alternatively you may try to re-install the same patch again until it successfully completes.